Recording / Rehearsing


The last few weeks have been spent doing a lot of recording. I've been working on new tex la homa recordings for Acuarela, working on new tracks for 230 Divisadero, as well as recording for other people too. On a saturday afternoon a couple of weeks ago i recorded three songs for Matt Maher, it's always a pleasure to work with Matt as he knows exactly what he wants and is so enthusiastic about what he is doing. I am going to record a series of songs for Matt that will hopefully become a new ep for him. I have also been doing some more recording with MB101, this time they are doing all the production and i am just singing for them. They have so many songs written ready to go and it's really good fun to go over to their studio and lay down some vocals on these songs. I have no idea what will happen with these songs once they are finished, or even what they will sound like as the MB101 guys are masters at mixing and re-mixing songs to such a degree they could have entire albums of the same song without you being able to tell that's the case!
Last weekend Nick Grey was staying with me so we could rehearse for our first 230 Divisadero gigs. Everything went really well and sounded incredible, even at low volume in my living room. I really can't wait to hear this music in a club with a huge PA! Nick and i are both loving this project and you can expect much, much more to come from us on this. I also heard a preview of Nick's new album which is going to be amazing, really amazing!

Comments

Popular Posts